KAREN NAKAMATSU, L.C.S.W.
Child Custody Evaluator/Senior Family Mediator
Superior Court of California. County of Los Angeles. Family Court Services 2001 - Present
- Perform evaluations for the Court-both written reports for full evaluations and in-court testimony for Solution Focused Evaluations and Child Focused Interviews.
- Mediate child custody disputes between parties for Family Law and Probate matters.
- Participate in on-going child development, family, mental health, Family Law, and other work-related continuing education activities.
- Supervised professional staff who provided direct service in the department,
- Scheduled cases and caseloads to maximize service delivery.
- Participated in quality improvement activities related to provision of services.
- Performed child custody evaluations and mediations on an as needed basis.
Manager, Social Work Services and Case Management Departments
USC University Hospital 2001
- Oversaw the daily operations for the two interrelated departments.
- Developed policies and procedures regarding service delivery.
- Accountable for timely and appropriate financial reimbursement of hospital delivered services.
- Responsible for continued staff development.
- Conducted performance improvement studies and followed-up accordingly.
- Ensured compliance with regulatory requirements (DBS, JCAHO, Patients' Rights, etc.)
Continuum of Care Services Director
Clinical Social Services Director (Promoted to current position in March 1999)
Daniel Freeman Hospitals. Inc. 1998 - December 2000
- Created and implemented the long term and annual strategic plan and budget with consideration to clinical, quality, financial and program development goals.
- Developed and implemented organizational and department-specific policies and procedures.
- Facilitated the development and incorporation of a comprehensive, multidisciplinary case management program at the two hospital campuses.
- Co-managed the provision of confidential, effective, and efficient delivery of employee and internal customer counseling and critical incident debriefing services through the organization's employee assistance program.
- Directed the inpatient and outpatient services of the three divisions (and their respective managers) within the greater department: Clinical Social Services, Clinical Resource Management, and Community Case Management.
- Preparation and presentation of statistical and analytical reports.
- Oversaw contractual agreements and governmental and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Coordinated utilization reviews and follows-up with governmental and private sector regulatory and reimbursement agencies.
- Maintained cost efficiency, quality care, and optimal revenue reimbursement for organization.